Raychem Winter Safety Tips
Keep homes & buildings safe from havoc that winter can bring!
- Ice dams and icicles can cause building damage or injury
- Pipe freeze-ups and broken pipes can cause costly water damage
- Icy walkways, driveways and parking ramps can cause “slip and fall” risks and vehicle accidents
Winterize Home & Buildings with these Winter Safety Tips:
1. Prevent Ice Dams and Icicles
- roof eaves, valleys and gutters for damage which is a sign of ice dam formation;
- roof water damage areas caused by water ponding behind ice dams;
- locations where ice dams and hazardous icicles can slide off the roof or tumble down to the ground below where children play or people walk.
Raychem Roof & Gutter De-Icing Systems use heat tracing technology to prevent ice dams, icicles, and frozen gutter problems.
2. Prevent Frozen Pipes
- exposed water and drain lines that could freeze up, i.e. outdoor piping, or water pipes in unheated basements, attics, or parking garages;
- exposed water lines around HVAC equipment on commercial buildings.
Raychem Pipe Freeze Protection Systems are flexible and easy to attach to the exterior of the pipe and use heat tracing technology to keep pipes from freezing, bursting, and causing water damage.
3. Prevent Surface Snow and Ice Hazards
- walkways, stairs, parking areas and ADA ramps that experience high people traffic and have had snow and ice accumulation safety issues;
- walking traffic patterns that are “slip and fall” hazards, i.e. pathways from apartment entrances to dumpsters;
- sloped ramps (parking lot ramps, warehouse dock ramps, etc.) and sloped driveways that could create vehicle “sliding” damage.
Raychem Surface Snow Melting Systems use heat tracing technology to keep sidewalks, stairways and driveways free of snow and ice.